IASOglio is used for imaging in patients undergoing oncologic diagnostic procedures describing functions or diseases where enhanced amino acid influx of specific organs or tissues is the diagnostic target.
The following indications have been particularly documented:
- Characterisation of brain lesions suggestive of glioma
- Selecting the best biopsy site in brain lesion suggestive of glioma
- Non-invasive grading of glioma
- Pre therapeutic delineation of viable glioma tissue
- After treatment : detection of viable tumour tissue in case of suspicion of persistent or recurrent glioma